This is disturbing to me.
On several levels. I sat and thought about them, and as the coffee slowly cleared the fog from my old brain i decided I had to ask.
Just a few questions from the questioning sort like me.
- How do you feel about the “eewwww” guy marrying a friend?
- Does your friend know about this past ickyness, and if not do you feel you should tell her?
- What are the chances he grew up to be a rapist?
- Do you girls as a group feel the need to publicly call him out on his sexual misdeeds from the past?
- What if he marries your friend, and goes into politics? If he is at odds with your political sensibilities would you call him out then, even though it would likely destroy your friends marriage and cushy political lifestyle?
I could go on and on, because this type of behavior does go on and on.
But what this boils down to is that I feel you left an important part out of your story. You and your friends came to the realzation that you all had been victims of what in todays society is classified as a sexual preditor. This guy is abouty to marry one of your friends. He is obviously still free to do to society whatever he has grown up to be.
What are you going to do about it?